Tuesday 31 July 2007

"I hope you get your dreams. Girl go ahead, let your hair down"

When you have someone you love dearly and they live some 200 miles away, what do you do??

I am of course, talking about the dearest friend I could ever hope to encounter, but sadly me and said friend are somewhat distanced, and its taking its toll.
When in Leeds and I had free time, and even when I didn't, it was filled with the laughter, conversation and joy of said friend. Much time was spent discussing future ventures, current adventures, problems and plans, clothes and Vogue. All with a cup of tea in hand and generally some dessert of sorts gracing our taste buds. This was time well spent and sometimes mis-spent, I recall moments that we both really should have been using our time elsewhere and to something constructive, and yet we couldn't tear ourselves away from sitting in a tea shop, leisurely perusing books of possible future purchases and some we just liked to look at.
Time spent 'dress shopping' when there are already several dresses not yet in circulation. Because as every self-respecting female (and gay) knows, there is no better remedy than dress or shoe shopping. I say remedy but sometimes there was no problem to be solved or discussed, it was just the sheer pleasure of being with someone who's intelligence, charm and wit was always entertaining, even educational.

There too, was times of upset. Emotional car wrecks and baggage to be broken and sorted, each time with said friend holding the hand that held cake not days before. Sifting through the debris and always finding the solutions and words of encouragement. Likewise, I was there with more tea and cake, and a shopping trip for an umbrella, that seems to be the symbol for both hope and guilt.

Hand holding and hugs are always available for this said friend.
And tea.
And Bingo!!

So hurry up, said friend, I need you here!!!!

No comments: