Wednesday 21 February 2007

Wake up, it's a beautiful mornin'

I drew the heavy drapes back to be hit forcefully in the face by blinding, astonishing light. I pushed up the sash window and took a beep breath. A moment of realisation, life is great. Pearl* WE ARE GREAT! It's the second month into 2007AD and all seems to have a direction. I feel like I've somehow managed to almost banish what negative situations I haled to in '06 and stepped, most literally, into the light.

Back in september, after a summer of fun, it all seemed to go completely wrong. Through bankruptcy**, divorce*** and homelessness**** I struggled and cried and spent hours on a sofa whilest the psychiatrist***** listened, gave advice but never passed judgement. There were moments I couldn't see past leaving that sofa. But it's morning's like this morning that come out of the night like a phoenix out of the flames, that make you reaslise how each day brings new challenges. Each day is different to the last. Yesterday's problems will seem trivial almost, there will be light where there was once only darkness. Today will be an adventure and tomorrow will never come.

Live for now, this moment, this minute, this life. Time passes quickly and before you know it, you will be old and bald. In my case not in that order, damn it!! I know I'm ranting bollocks like ever other self-indulgent wise man wannabe. But, its how I'm feeling, what I'm thinking, and isn't that what a blog's about??


* Pearl: you know who you are, and to everyone else she's wonder woman.
** I had earned a fair amount of money, then spent it on cashmere and lunch.
*** Although I was never actually married, being with a long term partner has it's strains so when it end's it's divorce.
**** I really was homeless!
***** O.K. The sofa was in The Slug, Psychiatrist was Pearl (see above).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I mostly visits this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Plenty of useful information on aboutaburke.blogspot.com. Frankly speaking we really do not pay attention towards our health. In plain english I must warn you that, you are not serious about your health. Research shows that about 80% of all U.S. grownups are either fat or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these people, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? You can easily lose with with little effort. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.

About me: I am writer of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for quick weight loss.